PLANED is a community led partnership, a charity, and a company limited by guarantee, with its Board members consisting of community representatives and representatives from the public sector.
PLANED plays a vital role in empowering and enabling local communities to be full and equal partners in the development of their area through EU programmes, Welsh Government initiatives, and other funding streams e.g. the Big Lottery or the Heritage Lottery Fund.
PLANED’s process of engagement ensures a very wide-ranging involvement in the development of strategies and projects, with local people, area enterprise groups, and specialist partners feeding into the process.
PLANED works to implement a number of interrelated strategies which taken together promote sustainable living by: –
- Supporting local community activities to improve their quality of life
- Promoting a Sense of Place/Valuing the Environment
- Developing a community culture of entrepreneurship
- Encouraging local enterprise
- Developing sustainable tourism
- Supporting sustainable agriculture